Club Closing 22 October 2016 – Please join us!
Although the 2016 sailing season is ending, we have a few more opportunities to get together as a community of sailors. Club closing is Saturday, 22 October from 09:00 until 13:00. Please gather at the club around 08:30 so we can assign crews and make announcements for the day. Please wear work cloths and bring gloves, tools, trimmers, and chainsaws, depending on the activities you plan to accomplish. At 13:00 we will conclude the workday and serve lunch, followed by the fall membership meeting at the clubhouse. Please RSVP by Wednesday 19 October so that we can get an accurate count for lunch.
Crew activities that are planned:
- Trim trees and brush and move brush to the burn pile
- Cut firewood
- Store the junior sailing boats
- Pull and winterize the committee boat
- Winterize the water system on the docks
- Clean the kitchen and storeroom, remove freezable items, and prepare lunch
- Clean the grills
- Paint wood sealer on the walkways and stairs, the house porch, and deck
- Replace bad dock boards
- Replace bad rub rail
- Clean the shed
- Pick up trash